SERVICES*

Close-up TV News - Prolotheray lecture

Reversing Hypertension

Heavy Metals and all diseases

Close-Up TV News - Dr. Calapai's approach

News 12 Interview: Parkinson’s Disease, Glutathione and Chelation Therapy

News 12 Interview: Platelet-rich plasma therapy

Prolotherapy Interview News 12

News 12 Interview: Diabetes and Weight Loss
Heavy-Metal Meals of Mercury *

A 28-year-old flight engineer from Singapore presented with nausea, lethargy, and tremor. He had been defecating an increasingly large quantity of silver droplets, which were identified on laboratory analysis as elemental mercury. An abdominal radiograph showed punctate opacities along the entire course of the colon. The urine mercury level was 26.1 µg per liter (130.1 nmol per liter). He required only antiemetic treatment in the hospital.

For 12 weeks, the patient's mother-in-law had provided him with a traditional Indian medicine containing elemental mercury and meals to which approximately 3 Tbs of elemental mercury had been added. The ingestion of elemental mercury is widely regarded as harmless because it is poorly absorbed. However, prolonged exposure caused by continuous oral intake of large quantities may result in systemic toxicity because the elemental mercury is volatized into a highly absorbable vapor or converted to a toxic divalent form. The patient's lethargy, nausea, and tremor resolved within 8 weeks after the cessation of mercury consumption, and his urine mercury level decreased to 20.5 µg per liter (102.2 nmol per liter) at 4 weeks, 13.8 µg per liter (68.8 nmol per liter) at 36 weeks, and 3.3 µg per liter (16.5 nmol per liter) at 2 years.

* Legal Disclaimer: Chelation and Hyperbaric Therapy, Stem Cell Therapy, and other treatments and modalities mentioned or referred to in this web site are medical techniques that may or may not be considered “mainstream”. As with any medical treatment, results will vary among individuals, and there is no implication or guarantee that you will heal or achieve the same outcome as patients herein.

As with any procedure, there could be pain or other substantial risks involved. These concerns should be discussed with your health care provider prior to any treatment so that you have proper informed consent and understand that there are no guarantees to healing.

THE INFORMATION IN THIS WEBSITE IS OFFERED FOR GENERAL EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT IMPLY OR GIVE MEDICAL ADVICE. No Doctor/Patient relationship shall be deemed to have arisen simply by reading the information contained on these pages, and you should consult with your personal physician/care giver regarding your medical treatment before undergoing any sort of treatment or therapy.

Published on 05-05-2008